Often times when I’m talking to people in my Facebook Group or guest speaking in a mastermind, I’m asked this question:
How do I know if it’s a story?
That’s a good question!
I have a checklist I go through when I’m deciding on a story to tell. I use this with my clients too.
Ask yourself these questions first. If you answer YES to ALL five of them…what you’re sitting on is a story!
1. Will your audience learn something from what you’re about to share?
2. Did you experience an AHA moment yourself during this particular experience?
3. Are you willing to share your AHA moment?
4. Do you feel really ready to share this experience with the masses?
5. Can you write it in a way that won’t read/seem/feel sales-driven?
If you’re ready, willing and able to get personal, share your lessons and speak from your heart then it’s a story!
You should write it, find a place to publish it, get up on stage and tell it and maybe even do a webinar or live around it!